RELEASE NOTES >
Incorporating MediaManage functionality to the MediaSignage Server
- Hughes MediaManage Server integration with the MediaSignage Server
- MediaManage (service allowing for distributed content management) is now part of the MediaSignage Server. No longer are they 2 separate system.
- Video OnDemand
- Video OnDemand is now part of the MediaSignage Server
- Ability to create custom VOD groups and assign those groups to individual players for VOD playback
- There is now the ability to customize which columns you want to see for each table. This is user specific.
- Favorite items
- You can now favorite a Content, Playlist, Program, Player or Group.
- When you favorite an item, it will show up on the new Dashboard (see below)
- We added a dashboard
- Once you login, you will see the new dashboard. Favorited items will show on the dashboard for easy access to that item.
- The dashboard also has notifications which will list the activity that has been happening in your account.
- The same reports that were present in MediaManage are also available
- We updated the reporting system to allow for new reports to be created in the future easily
- Migration script from MediaManage
- We can migrate all your content from MediaManage so you don’t have to re-enter them
- Support for single sign on applications (SAML 2.0). Okta has been tested and works great.
- Ability to tell the LG SmartTV to use Internal Storage instead of USB drive
- Small bug fixes to improve stability
- MediaSignage Player v8.2 or later needed on each device for the screenshot capabilities to work
- MediaSignage Player v8.3 or later needed on the LG SmartTV for the Internal Storage to work
December 19, 2019
January 7, 2020
August 2, 2021